This position has been filled!
Clarksons is the world’s leading provider of integrated shipping and offshore services, bringing our
connections and experience to an international client base. Our intelligence adds value by enabling clients to make more efficient and informed decisions. Our global reach, local knowledge, and expertise are what makes us unique.
To understand more about day-to-day life at Clarksons and what you can expect from us as an employer, visit us at www.clarksons.com
Position: Trainee Ship Broker (Norwegian or Danish speaking)
Division: Dry Cargo
Reporting to Director
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Dry Cargo chartering is a varied and complex market involving more than three billion tonnes of cargo each year. Our experienced team in 15 countries acts as a vital link between charterers and shipowners who need to transport the goods required by a growing global population.
The primary purpose of a Ship Broker is to act as a specialist intermediary/negotiator between shipowners and charterers to arrange ocean transport of goods and commodities by sea, the employment of a vessel, or buy/sell ships on behalf of a client. A career in Ship Broking is exciting, interesting, challenging, and highly competitive, not to mention rewarding.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a talented Trainee Broker to join our Dry Cargo team in our Singapore office. You will work alongside our experienced Brokers to help strengthen relationships with existing clients for sales and help develop new business.
Ideally, you will have some broking experience and will be keen to develop your experience. You will be driven and self-motivated and will be a strong relationship builder.
What you will be doing
• Support the day-to-day activities of the Senior Brokers on the Dry Cargo desk.
• Maintain databases and market information and reports for clients.
• Maintain accurate records and documentation.
• Develop knowledge and expertise relevant to the shipping market, particularly Dry Cargo broking.
• Establish and maintain effective relationships internally and externally.
• Prepare reports and analysis for clients.
• Help identify ways to drive and develop new business and identify and introduce new clients.
• Be aware of the positions and desired strategic directions for each shipyard.
• Help to manage internal data flow of key market information.
• Attend meetings and events with clients where required.
• Help to conduct post fixture support promptly and efficiently.
• Continue to build knowledge on the Dry Cargo arena and market space.
• Help perform market analysis and provide insight and trade ideas to client.
• Assist with producing internal and external reporting.
• Maintain a database of sales activity.
What we are looking for
• A university degree from a reputable university, ideally, majoring in Maritime Studies or Shipping, but this is not essential
• Previous experience or exposure within broking is desirable but is not mandatory
• Knowledge of the Dry Cargo market will be an advantage
• Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Fluency in Norwegian and/or Danish
• Personable and engaging, able to build strong relationships
• Good commercial judgment with good negotiation skills
• Driven, self-motivated, and client-focused
• Strong numeracy skills and excellent presentation skills
• Confident and able to work well under pressure, with the ability to adapt
• Strong attention to detail and focus on accuracy
• Strong MS office skills in Excel, PowerPoint, Word
• Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply
Special Job Requirements
• Travel as required.
Apply for the position
Since this position has been filled, we don’t reveal the contact information anymore.