Towards zero emissions – sharing the Norwegian experience
NBAS, in partnership with Maritime and Port Authority Singapore, the Royal Norwegian Embassy in Singapore and Innovation Norway, is hosting a special insights panel on decarbonization in the maritime industries in conjunction with Singapore Maritime Week.
The Norwegian maritime industry has a strong presence in Singapore and an excellent cooperation with MPA on maritime innovation. The two countries both have high ambitions and clear goals on sustainability. In this special insight panel, we explore how “Norwegian” fuel sources, like electrification, green ammonia and hydrogen can contribute to decarbonization.
Date: Wednesday, 21st April 2021
Time: 3-5.00 PM (SGT)
The event is hosted at Alta production and streamed via Zoom.
DNV is a gold sponsor for the event. They recently established a regional Centre of Excellence in Singapore for South East Asia to drive decarbonization and autonomy in shipping. Read more about it here.
Flokk provides our chairs for the event.
Norwegian Cultural Center is our year sponsor. They have recently launched in Singapore and will be hosting a range of exciting events throughout the year. Stay tuned!
1500 Event starts.
- Welcome by President NBAS, Leonard Stornes
- Opening remarks by Ambassador Anita Nergaard
- Introducing the topic: Pål Kastmann, Commercial Counsellor, Norwegian Embassy Singapore, and Director Innovation Norway Singapore
Electrification of short sea shipping – leading the way
1510 Fireside chat with Eirik Barclay, SVP New technology & New ventures, Yinson Green Technologies
1525 Keynote; An update on the developments and experiences from electrification in Norway.
Hege Økland, Managing Director at NCE Maritime Cleantech.
1535 A conversation on electrification – moderated by Ronny Waage, Managing Partner, Heron Advisory
- Eirik Barclay, SVP New Technology & New Ventures, Yinson Green Technologies
- Hege Økland, Managing Director, NCE Maritime Cleantech (remote)
- Pia Meling, VP at Massterly, a Wilhelmsen and Kongsberg JV
- Pål Kastmann, Commercial Counselor, Norwegian Embassy Singapore, and Director Innovation Norway Singapore
Decarbonising deep sea shipping – focusing on ammonia and hydrogen
1605 Keynote; Knut Ørbeck-Nilssen, CEO, DNV Maritime.
1615 Panel debate moderated by Ronny Waage, Managing Partner, Heron Advisory
- Quah Ley Hoon, Chief Executive, Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore
- Dr Sharin Osman, Regional Head of Maritime Advisory and Director, Maritime Decarbonisation and Autonomy Centre of Excellence, DNV
- Narsimha Rao, SVP Production, Supply Chain and Operational Excellence, Yara
- Lasse Kristoffersen, Chief Executive Officer at Torvald Klaveness.
1655 Closing remarks by Executive Director NBAS, Anders Hegre
1700 End programme
Gain attraction for your company by sponsoring this event!Sponsorship packages
NBAS is collaborating with upcoming artists in Singapore and Norway to showcase their work, while we get a creative take on our graphic profile. In March 2021, NBAS features Guttestreker.