Executive Director for Norwegian Business Association Singapore (NBAS)
The current Executive Director will be moving to Norway after SNIC 2023 – Innovate to Zero and the Seafood dinner on 29 September, and we are seeking his successor.
The Norwegian Business Association Singapore (NBAS) is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Executive Director to run the day-to-day operations of the NBAS secretariat and drive new initiatives. NBAS works closely with its partners in Team Norway, the Norwegian embassy in Singapore, Innovation Norway Singapore, and Norwegian Energy Partners to promote and support Norwegian businesses in Singapore.
NBAS is a vibrant non-profit organization located in the Central Business District of Singapore, supporting all Singapore-Norway-related businesses. The Executive Director will cooperate with the President and the board to run and develop the organization. The Executive Director must have excellent communication skills, a passion for building relationships, creating value for members, and a willingness to work hard to achieve NBAS’s goals.
- Represent NBAS and implement its policies and initiatives
- Promote the organization’s members, and stimulate new business opportunities
- Stimulate engagement of businesses in NBAS activities, including sponsorships
- Build relationships with businesses and organizations in Singapore and Norway to improve and enchance NBAS’s network
- Develop and implement procedures to recruit members in all NBAS membership categories for a stronger and more diversified community
- Manage and developing administrative tasks, including membership management, organizing board meetings, and financial transactions
- Develop NBAS’ mediarelations and promote NBAS members and activities to media outlets in Norway and Singapore.
- Lead and oversee the maintenance of NBAS’s website and social media platforms to increase visibility
- Lead and oversee the planning, coordination, and managing of events.
- Lead the event manager, digital engagement manager, and NBAS volunteers.
- Higher education
- Experience in public, civil, or private sectors
- Knowledge of Norwegian and Singaporean business environments
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent command of the English and Norwegian language
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Flexibility to work outside regular hours for events
Hours of work and workplace:
The Executive Director’s working hours are 60% of full-time employment, with the possibility of working outside regular hours during events. The Executive Director is expected to work mainly from the NBAS office in Hong Leong Building, with opportunities for remote work.
To be negotiated.
25 May 2023. Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Questions about the position can be directed to President Leonard Stornes or to the Executive Director, Anders Hegre (WA +65 8451 1892)
As soon as possible. The current Executive Director will conclude his assignment on 30 September, and it would be ideal to have an overlapping period.